We are happy to partner with Island Camps to offer
Camps, Lessons, Rentals, Tours & Private Events
Boca Raton Surf Camp
Join us for the best and most trusted surf camp in South Florida. Island Camps has over 40 years of experience in surf lessons, surf camps, and surf trips. Our Boca Raton Surf school has been around since 2007 at Red Reef park and has become a staple within Boca Raton. We love to share our knowledge of the ocean and teach kids how to surf!! Our goal is to empower the youth to live a healthy and fun lifestyle while respecting our beaches and our ocean. As partners the City of Boca Raton we are blessed to operate our spring, summer and winter camps at Red Reef Park. Surf camp is open to all skill levels. Whether your learning how to pop up or perfecting your bottom turn we have the instructors you need to take your surfing to the next level.
SPRING SURF SCHOOL
Surf School counselors provide a fun, safe and educational introduction to the sport of surfing. If you've attended our program before, you'll have the chance to hone your skills! Our surf school is an amazing, unique experience you will never forget. No previous surfing experience is necessary; however, you must be able to swim. Equipment is provided.
Boys and Girls 5-15 years
Monday - Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm*
1400 N Ocean Boulevard, Boca Raton, FL 33432
Summer Surf Camp
Monday, June 6th to Friday, June 10th
Monday, June 13th to Friday, June 17th
Monday, June 20th to Friday, June 24th
Monday, June 27th to Friday, July 1st
Tuesday, July 5th to Friday, July 8th
(NO CAMP MONDAY, July 4th - $309 Full Day Week)
Monday, July 11th to Friday, July 15th
Monday, July 18th to Friday, July 22nd
Monday, July 25th to Friday, July 29th
Monday, August 1st to Friday, August 5th
Monday, August 8th to Friday, August 12th
Monday, August 15th to Friday, August 19th
Monday, August 22nd to Friday, August 26th
$379/Week (9am - 3pm)
$329/Week (9am - 3pm) Before May 1st
(Fourth of July Week $309)
After May 1st, 10% Off Siblings or Multiple Weeks
***Discounts Can Not Be Combined or Stacked
$474/Week (9am - 3pm)
$411/Week (9am - 3pm) Before May 1st
(Fourth of July Week $386)
After May 1st, 10% Off Siblings or Multiple Weeks
***Discounts Can Not Be Combined or Stacked
Call 561-393-7807 for questions regarding registration
PLEASE READ REGARDING CoVID-19:
The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) may be on many of our minds and as the summer approaches. This summer may not look like all of the summers that have come before or any of the summers that will come again, but we do know that camp plays a vital role in the lives of so many of our campers, their families and our alumni’s. So, We are moving forward with plans on how best to serve our camp families this summer and are hopeful that camp will continue uninterrupted. . . . The safety and health of our community is of utmost concern and we ask for your patience as we work through this trying time.
Currently we are working to increase our precautions. Here are some of those added precautions:
1. Our program staff will practice social distance.
2. We will require that campers do not share drinks or food.
3. We will minimize the number of campers each week.
4. We will have designated hand sanitizing stations and increase monitoring of sanitary practices.
5. We stay updated and adhere to CDC’s recommendations continually up until and throughout summer.
For complete CoVID-19 Procedures during camp, click here.
How to Register for Boca Surf School
To register online you will need a user name and password for the City of Boca Raton Webtrac system.
If you do not have a login created please call the City of Boca Raton Recreation Department at 561-393-7807. They will provide you with your login credentials to be able to register online. Please have a valid id available and proof of residency if you are a Boca Raton Resident.
Then, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your WebTrac account.
Search for "Surf School"
- Click on the shopping cart next to the week you would like to register, and follow the check out procedures.
- On the first day of camp, pull into Red Reef Park and et the security guard know you are there to drop off a camper. Camp registration is located at the South end of he park. Look for signs and our Surf Camp Trailer. Check in will begin each morning at 8:30am
- An introduction to the greatest sport on earth
- CPR and First Aid certified surf instructors
- Student to staff ratio of 6 to 1
- Soft, foam surfboards, great for first time surfers
- Stand Up Paddle boards
- Reusable BPA-Free Water bottle donated by our greening partner Dr Pam Orthodontics
Full Week Campers Also Receive:
Each camper will receive a professional photo shot by professional surf photographer Chris Beman of Slave to the Wave
- O'Neill SPF 50 Lycra (rashguard)
- Island Camps Sports Pack on Friday which Includes:
- Swag from our Sponsors
- Coupons to Island Water Sports
Rainy & Flat Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach. Plus...worry not my future shredders. We have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp.
- Adventures to Gumbo Limbo Nature reserve and sea turtle rehabilitation center
- Environmental & STEM Education (Check out our curriculum here)
- Surf camp is located just on the inside of a protected coral reef so when theres no waves, we are able to paddle out and swim with sea life ranging from sea turtles to tropical fish.
Proud Partner in Marine Education with Gumbo Limbo
Island Camps is proud to partner with Gumbo Limbo in educating the next generation about our oceans. Founded in 1984, Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is a unique cooperative project of the City of Boca Raton, the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District, Florida Atlantic University, and Friends of Gumbo Limbo.
Last year, more than 200,000 visitors took a break from the city bustle to enjoy a walk on their boardwalks, count the thousands of tropical fish in their aquariums, relax in their butterfly garden, or check on the patients in their sea turtle rehabilitation facility.
As a beacon for environmental education, research, and conservation, Gumbo Limbo’s 20 acres on the protected barrier island provide refuge to many varieties of plants and animals - some rare or endangered. It also represents a commitment to protect our natural resources by our staff, volunteers, and the organizations that comprise the Center.
The preservation of their natural environment and wildlife resources has been recognized as a national concern for all of their families. Click this link to learn more about Gumbo Limbo.
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends February 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
Our camp is great for ages 6-14. Special accommodations can be made for younger campers, pending a swim test to verify that the are strong swimmers.
Are there lifeguards at camp?
Yes, there is a Island Camps Lifeguard on duty at all times during camp and all Island Camps surf instructors are CPR and AED certified. In addition there is an on duty city lifeguard located directly behind the camp area.
What time is camp drop off?
You should arrive at camp between 8:45 am - 9:00 am
What time is camp pick up?
Pick up is between 3:00 pm - 3:15 PM
Aftercare is provided 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch: Campers must bring their own lunch, snacks, and beverages.
- SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN AND MORE SUNSCREEN
- Leash for Surfboard (if you’re bringing your own surfboard)
- SPF50 Lycra (rashguard). Lycra will be provided for weekly campers only.
- Swim googles and/or snorkel and mask.
- Change of dry clothes
- Bathing Suit
- Hat / Visor
- SPF, Water-Safe Face Covering
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
Is there a certain sunscreen you recommend?
Are wetsuits needed?
What if there are no waves?
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp. Some of our flat day activities include environmental education; and adventures to the Gumbo Limbo. Plus, Surf camp is located just on the inside of a protected coral reef so when theres no waves, we are able to paddle out and swim with sea life ranging from sea turtles to tropical fish.
What if there is bad weather?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach.
What does Island Camps provide?
- Boards (surfboards, skimboards, body boards, stand up paddle boards)
- O’Neill SPF-50 surf shirt (rashguard) – weekly campers only.
- Every Friday all weekly campers will receive a Island Camps Sports pack with a Professional Photo and special swag from our sponsors
What is Island Camp's Cancellation Policy?
We understand that 2020 has been a challenging year for us all as we face a global pandemic. With the continual shift of CoVID, we realize there can be some hesitation as we all navigate health recommendations and make the best choices for our families. If you have a need to cancel we hope to be as flexible as possible but have set up these guidelines for refunds. Please email al cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations received 48 hours in advance will receive a 100% refund
- Cancellations received 24 hours in advance will receive a 75% refund
- Cancellations received 24 hours prior up until 8am the morning of camp will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations after the start of camp will not be refunded except with a doctor's note or family emergency
My kid is sick, sunburnt, injured, etc. can I make up a day that I missed?
Can I upgrade from a half-day to a full-day or a one-day camp to a full week?
Still have questions or want to talk surf
Call us (954) 281-2797
Email us info@IslandCamps.com