NEW! Boynton Beach Surf Camp
Join us for the best and most trusted surf camp in South Florida. Island Camps has over 40 years of experience in surf lessons, surf camps, and surf trips. This year we are brining our camp to Boynton Beach.
Our instructors love to share their knowledge of the ocean and teach kids how to surf!! Our goal is to empower the youth to live a healthy and fun lifestyle while respecting our beaches and our ocean. Our surf camps are open to all skill levels. Whether you are learning how to pop up or perfecting your bottom turn, we have the instructors you need to take your surfing to the next level.
6415 N Ocean Blvd
Boynton Beach, FL 33435
HOW TO REGISTER FOR BOYNTON BEACH SURF CAMP
To register online you will need a user name and password for the City of Boynton Beach Webtrac system.
If you do not have a login created please call the City of Boynton Beach Recreation Department at (561)742-6650. They will provide you with your login credentials to be able to register online. Please have a valid id available and proof of residency if you are a resident.
Then, follow these steps:
- Head to the City of Boynton Beach Parks & Recreation page here: https://www.boynton-beach.org/recreation/recreation-registration
- Choose your registration type - New Customer Registration (if you have never registered for a City of Boynton Beach program on their website) or Find Recreation Program (for returning customers)
- If returning, click on camps one you click the "Find Recreation Program" image
Click on surf camp and tick box of week(s) you would like to attend. Then select add to cart. You will be asked to sign into your account to complete registration.
- If you are not registered, complete the registration form.. After your application is processed, you will receive two follow-up emails with instructions for online registration. Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be processed.
- An introduction to the greatest sport on earth
- CPR and First Aid certified surf instructors
- Student to staff ratio of 6 to 1
- Soft, foam surfboards, great for first time surfers
- Stand Up Paddle boards
- Reusable BPA-Free Water bottle donated by our greening partner Dr Pam Orthodontics
Full Week Campers Also Receive:
Each camper will receive a professional photo shot by professional surf photographer Chris Beman of Slave to the Wave
- O'Neill SPF 50 Lycra (rashguard)
- Island Camps Sports Pack on Friday which Includes:
- Swag from our Sponsors
- Coupons to Island Water Sports
Rainy & Flat Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach. Plus...worry not my future shredders. We have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp.
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends February 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi-week discount will not apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
Our camp is great for ages 5 -14. Special accommodations can be made for younger campers, pending a swim test to verify that the are strong swimmers.
Are there lifeguards at camp?
Yes, there is a Island Camps Lifeguard on duty at all times during camp and all Island Camps surf instructors are CPR and AED certified. In addition there is an on duty city lifeguard located directly behind the camp area.
What time is camp drop off?
You should arrive at camp between 8:45 am - 9:00 am
What time is camp pick up?
Pick up is between 3:00 pm - 3:15 PM
Aftercare is provided 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch: Campers must bring their own lunch, snacks, and beverages.
- SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN AND MORE SUNSCREEN
- Leash for Surfboard (if you’re bringing your own surfboard)
- SPF50 Lycra (rashguard). Lycra will be provided for weekly campers only.
- Swim googles and/or snorkel and mask.
- Change of dry clothes
- Bathing Suit
- Hat / Visor
- SPF, Water-Safe Face Covering
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
Is there a certain sunscreen you recommend?
Are wetsuits needed?
What if there are no waves?
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp. Some of our flat day activities include environmental education; and adventures to the Gumbo Limbo. Plus, Surf camp is located just on the inside of a protected coral reef so when theres no waves, we are able to paddle out and swim with sea life ranging from sea turtles to tropical fish.
What if there is bad weather?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach.
What does Island Camps provide?
- Boards (surfboards, skimboards, body boards, stand up paddle boards)
- O’Neill SPF-50 surf shirt (rashguard) – weekly campers only.
- Every Friday all weekly campers will receive a Island Camps Sports pack with a Professional Photo and special swag from our sponsors
What is Island Camp's Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy?
If you have a need to cancel we hope to be as flexible as possible but have set up these guidelines for refunds. Please email all cancellation requests to email@example.com
- Cancellations received 2 weeks in advance will receive a 90% refund. Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 1 week in advance will receive a 50% refund or credit for a future week/day of camp.Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 72 hours -24 hours before camp with a doctors note will receive credit for a future week/day of camp. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations after 72 hours before the start of camp will not be credited except with a doctor's note. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.
My kid is sick, sunburnt, injured, etc. can I make up a day that I missed?
Can I upgrade from a half-day to a full-day or a one-day camp to a full week?
Still have questions or want to talk surf
Call us (954) 281-2797
Email us info@IslandCamps.com